The Executive Council on Dec. 5 voted to delay a vote on three changes to the Mount Sunapee area ski contract with Vail Resorts. The Governor and Council (G&C) next meet on Dec. 19 at the State House in Concord.
The amendments to the operating contract between the State and Vail include the controversial West Bowl expansion. The three provisions sent to G&C are significant and govern:
- Change of control regarding the assignment, transfer, and sale of the equity interest
- West Bowl development
- Mount Sunapee Advisory Commission
You will find the amendments below. And you can listen to the Mount Sunapee discussion of Governor and Council via this audio clip (MP3 download).
To view a video of the G&C meeting, go to Newport Community TV Online. The Mount Sunapee exchange starts at 1:11.
For more about the Vail contract changes, see:
- Executive Council Again Delays Vote on Potential Vail Expansion at Mt. Sunapee via NPR, Dec. 6, 2018
- The three Mt. Sunapee contract changes and what next via FOMS Latest News, Nov. 26, 2018
- DNCR Late Item A Change of Control 2018Dec (pdf 3MB)
- DNCR Late Item B West Bowl 2018Dec (pdf 3MB)
- DNCR Late Item C Advisory Comm 2018Dec (pdf 3MB )
Friends of Mount Sunapee believes the policy-making process that determines the future use and development of our State Park must be transparent and accountable and provide for meaningful citizen participation.