Mount Sunapee State Park: Ski Area Lease
Background info for West Bowl proposal, lease amendments & development plans, 2014-2016
The ski area operator at Mount Sunapee State Park, Okemo/Mount Sunapee Resort proposed 2015-2019 Master Development and Environmental Management Plans (MDP/EMP), dated June 1, 2014. View that plan here. The resort presents few details about the plan at a public meeting in August 2014.
Organizations respond to the plan and the ‘draft decision‘ by Commissioner Rose. Read the public comments from:
- Friends of Mount Sunapee re RSA 217-A; Exemplary Natural Communities 2015.06.01 (pdf 558kb)
- Friends of Mount Sunapee (re Summit Trail) 2015.06.05 (pdf 922kb)
- Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) – 2015.06.04 (530kb)
- Conservation Law Foundation – 2015.06.05 (pdf 1.5MB)
- Goshen Conservation Commission – 2015.06.02 (pdf 50kb)
- Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forest – 2015.06.05 (pdf 160kb)
- Sunapee Ragged Kearsarge Greenway Coalition – 2015.05.22 (pdf 150kb)
- The Nature Conservancy – 2015.06.05 (pdf 373kb)
- NH Audubon – 2015.06.03 (436kb)
- Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission – 2015.06.05 (pdf 290kb)
Draft map provided by DRED at Mount Sunapee public hearing May 5, 2015
On March 17, 2106, Commissioner Rose releases and approves a revised 2016-2020 MDP/EMP, dated Dec. 1, 2015. The commissioner seeks no public comment on the revised five-year plan and a quick vote by the Executive Council
Links to the revised 2016-2020 MPD/EMP are located here.
See FOMS response: Sunapee-Contract-Analysis-April-1-2016-F (pdf 185kb)
The Executive Council voted (3-1-1) to approve the revised plan, April 6, 2016.